Sunday, March 24, 2013

Awaiting a break....

So i was gonna write a blog last week and never got to it. I wanted to talk about the pick up in training, the change in weather with spring just around the corner and just a little about how the year is coming around. But one of those threw a wrench in the plans. The dumb groundhog is getting old and must not be seeing real well. The set back in weather didn't cause any changes in training though. The second day of spring and a nice week day ride in the snow was in store for me this past week.

Training has been exponentially better than this time last year. We chose to sit out on an early season marathon and instead focus on the base training for the upcoming triathlon season. Its showing in the way I feel week to week with this past build. Really looking forward to seeing how the year unfolds. The first test will be May 5th at Rev 3 Knoxville.

So back to riding its been a little chilly starting out on morning rides but i found a special little spot in North Carolina called bell cross bakery. The ladies there make an awesome sweet potato pecan roll and its definitely motivation to get out the door and have a mid ride snack. I've been a little behind some days and they tend to sell out so they have been saving one for me lately. Hopefully as spring and summer come around they will come out with something a little lighter to fit the weather. Maybe strawberry short cake or something.

Had a little set back in running this past week but nothing we cant work through everyone's got something that will come up time to time. There has been some strength training incorporated this year throughout winter and the benefits are showing. Recovery has gotten better and injures are almost non existent.

I get asked a lot what the goals are for the year and I will tell yal first that it is to stay injury free and have a successful season. Second is to go fast. As far as time goes I tell everyone I keep that to myself because that is what keeps me honest with myself every time I go out the door whether it be to run, swim or bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment